“Welcome to Gio’s Cucina!”
-Chef John Ruggeri
Gio’s Cucina is your source for mouth watering recipes straight from Head Chef John Ruggeri’s Secret Recipe Book. Check back each month for a new dish!
Swordfish Paillards with Arugula and Tomatoes
- One 1 1/2 pound skinless swordfish steak, cut horizontally into 6 thin slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups trimmed arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 pound super-ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons black or brown mustard seeds (available in Indian markets)
- Scant 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat a gad grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
Brush the swordfish on both sides with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the swordfish palliards on the grill and cook for 1 minute, unmoved, then gently flip and cook for 15 seconds on the second side, or until just cooked through (watch carefully, the cooking goes very quickly). Transfer to a large platter.
In a medium bowl, gently toss the arugula with the cherry tomatoes and mustard seeds, then add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the vinegar and gently toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the salad on top of the swordfish and serve immediately.